Nutter Butter Flip Flop Cookies
There are so many things to love about these Nutter Butter cookies, so I think a big ol’ list is in order!
THE TOP 10 REASONS YOU’LL LOVE THIS FLIP FLOP NUTTER BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE!
1. Easy: Only 3 ingredients that you can find pretty much anywhere. Amazon has a great selection of decorations like these flower and star sprinkles that would add an extra dash of cuteness. They also have a variety of options for icing writers.
2. Inexpensive: The icing and sprinkles cost a few dollars each, but will last you for many recipes to come.
3. Fast: These cookies only take about 10 minutes to make, so they’re perfect for last-minute get-togethers. Ok, clarification … after you get the hang of drawing the straps these will only take about 10 minutes. My first couple attempts needed to be, er, ‘eaten’ quickly!
4. Yummy: Nutter Butter cookies are a great go-to cookie on their own. Icing and sprinkles make them even better.
5. Kid Friendly: The steps to make these are pretty simple. Kids of all ages will be able to help some or all of the steps. Older kids can help draw the straps. The younger kids can help add the decorations.
6. Fun: I had a blast making these and I’m sure you will too! This recipe is a great summer activity to keeps the kids occupied or could be a fun hands-on project for a birthday party.
7. Creative: Let your imagination run wild. Try experimenting with icing colors and sprinkles. Maybe some glitter gel or a dash of sparkly edible glitter is more your style? Then add some bling with Disco Glitter for a touch of color and a pop of sparkle. Or try this Neon Glitter Writing Gel in pink, blue, purple and yellow.
8. Easy Cleanup: Unless you somehow squirt frosting on the ceiling, clean up is a breeze with this recipe. Just put away any extra ingredients, wipe up the table and any sticky fingers and you’re done!
9. Versatile: These cookies can also double as a centerpiece at a party. Crumble up some extra cookies to make ‘sand’ and throw in a few colorful sprinkles and you’ve got yourself a cute little tablescape! If you’re feeling extra festive, add in some edible star fish and sea shells or some colorful, shiny edible beach rocks.
10. Good For Your Self-Esteem: You will get tons of compliments if you make these 🙂
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE FOR FLIP FLOP NUTTER BUTTER COOKIES?
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. WE’D LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!
Your guests will 'flip' over these fun cookies!
- 1 package Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 package writing icing or gel, assorted colors
- 1 package sugar pearls or other sprinkles
Open the package of Nutter Butter cookies and set aside.
Pour your sugar pearls or other sprinkles into a small bowl to make them easy to grab.
Open each of your tubes of writing icing and squeeze out a small amount of each onto a napkin or plate. Make sure the icing comes out smooth and evenly. Squeeze the tubes gently in your fingers if the icing seems too thick or has separated.
Next, create your flip flop straps. Grab a cookie and carefully draw a line of frosting from the indent on the side of the cookie up towards the top. Add a little extra dot of frosting here at the top of your line. This is where you'll add your sprinkle. Then finish your strap by drawing an icing line back down to the indent on the opposite side.
Add your sugar pearl or sprinkle where you added your extra dot of frosting.
Have fun with the decorations on these cookies!
- Experiment with different colors of writing icing. You can also use a gel or glittery icing for extra dazzle!
- Try out different colors and styles of sprinkles like these cute colorful flowers or these vibrant stars.
- You could even dip the entire top of the cookie in a colored candy melts (melted chocolate) for an extra splash of color. The Wilton Melting Pot makes melting chocolate a breeze.