Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcakes
If a spaghetti and meatball dinner is a favorite dish in your household, I’ve got news for you. Now you can have them for dessert too!
Best of all, you don’t even need to start up the oven or your mixer for this recipe. It’s totally no-bake and uses simple, ready-to-use ingredients, so you can have a cute, sweet treat without spending a ton of time.
The ingredients I used in this recipe are Hostess Orange Cupcakes, Ferrero Rocher Hazelnut Chocolates, Welch’s Natural Strawberry Jam, Great Value White Cupcake Icing with decorating tips and a block of white chocolate.
Another great thing about this recipe is that there are many variations and substitutions you can use depending on your preferences and how much time you have available. Here are some notes about the ingredients I chose and some ideas for recipe modifications you can try.
- I chose the Hostess Orange Cupcakes for a couple reasons. I wanted to have a white base for the cupcake so it blended more with the ‘spaghetti’ (aka frosting). The citrusy, orange flavor also works well with the ‘sauce’ (aka strawberry jam).
- If you’re a chocolate fan, the original Hostess Chocolate Cupcakes would work great too.
- I used strawberry jam because it has a bright red color (and strawberry just happens to be my favorite!), but raspberry would work too.
- I went with a name brand hazelnut chocolate, Ferrero Rocher. However, if you’re looking to save a little money, I noticed that Walmart now has a similar product in their Great Value brand.
- To be totally honest, I’m not a huge fan of frosting from a can. I almost always make my own buttercream from scratch. However, for this recipe, I knew the consistency needed to be just right to hold the ‘spaghetti’ shape. And since this is a quick, easy, no-bake recipe, a quick and easy icing seemed to be the way to go. I selected icing in a can that comes with 4 different decorating tips. Doesn’t get get easier than that!
WANT A CAKE INSTEAD?
- Spaghetti and meatball cupcakes are cute, but what about an entire spaghetti and meatball cake!? Just imagine a round cake with white frosting, covered with a heaping mound of spaghetti icing noodles, topped with hazelnut meatballs, jelly sauce and white chocolate parmesan. YUM!
These Festive Ham & Cheese Crackers are a perfect for any party! Not only are they delicious, they are super easy to put together!
- 1 package Deli-sliced cheese (any flavor)
- 1 package Deli ham
- 1 package Crackers (any kind)
Decide how many ham & cheese crackers you would like to make. Lay out the crackers.
Place one piece of ham on a cutting board. I did not have a round cookie cutter, so I used the rim of a glass (I selected a glass with a circumference slightly smaller than my cracker). Press the rim of the glass firmly into the ham. Place cut piece of ham on top of cracker. Repeat this step with each piece of ham.
Place one piece of cheese on a cutting board. Press the cookie cutter firmly into the cheese. Place cheese on top of ham. Repeat this step with each piece of cheese. Use as many cookie cutter shapes as you want.
Arrange ham and cheese crackers on serving plate. If you would like to make your serving plate a bit more festive, sprinkle some parsley on the plate.